General Authority for Competition and Antitrust
- The General Authority for Competition and Prevention of Monopolization was established in accordance with Article 11 of the Competition Law and Prevention of Monopoly No. 7 of 2008, based in Damascus.
- Enjoy legal personality and financial and administrative independence.
- Determines its staffing and administrative and financial organization by decree.
- Trace to the Prime Minister.
Tasks and powers:
The Competition and Antimonopoly Authority shall, in coordination with the relevant authorities, undertake the following functions and responsibilities:
1- Contribute to the preparation of the general plan for competition and its legislation and any related studies.
2. To promote, protect and encourage the culture of competition.
3 - To investigate information to detect practices that violate the rules of competition in cooperation with the relevant authorities in accordance with the provisions of the laws in force.
4. Conduct investigations into the practices that you discover, or on the basis of complaints received. Prepare reports on their results and submit proposals to the concerned authorities.
5- Receiving and following up the requests related to the economic concentration operations mentioned in Article (10) of this law.
6. Issuing explanatory opinions on matters related to its work, either on its own initiative or upon the request of the institutions.
7 - the use of experts or advisers from outside the Council to accomplish any of the work that falls within his powers.
8. Cooperation with similar entities outside the Syrian Arab Republic for the purposes of exchange of information and data and the implementation of the rules of competition within the limits permitted by international treaties provided that reciprocity is taken subject to the provisions of Article 16 of this law regarding the confidentiality of information.
B) Submit an annual report on the status of competition to the Council of Ministers.
The General Authority for Competition and Antimonopoly Management:
- Competition Council (Court of Quality)
- General Director